Banana bread – one of the easiest things to bake and so delicious. Last night, having an abundance of ripe bananas in our house, I decided to make a loaf for dessert and work snacks. Nothing beats a fresh-out-of-the-oven, still warm, buttered piece of banana bread.
Blue Ribbon* Banana Bread:
4 ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or whole wheat, if you’re looking to get healthy)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mash bananas with a wooden spoon in a large bowl. Mix in melted butter.
3. Add vanilla. sugar, egg and baking powder and stir well.
4. Add flour and mix until fully coated and thick.
5. Pour mixture into a buttered loaf pan and place in oven. Let bake for one hour.
There you have it! Super simple and delicious. Plus a good way to use up those bananas that are maybe just a little too brown for anything else.
*ok so it hasn’t actually won any awards…but the alliteration was too good to pass up.