Last night, Allison and I had our weekly catch up. This time around, rather than hit up a venue like the Drake, we decided to get our hands dirty and bake something. We both like doing it (and we certainly like eating the end result), so we decided to try a recipe we have both been eyeing for a while: Snickerdoodle Cookies. I found an awesome version at The Kitchn for an easy, quick way to make these cinnamon-y treats. Here are our foolproof steps to cookie greatness:
Step 1: Wear pants in the same colour family and a matching apron (accidentally, of course). This step is optional.
Step 2: Gather your ingredients. For this recipe you will need…
Plus an extra 1/4 cup white sugar, 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg for the cinnamon sugar.
Step 3: Get to baking! The instructions provided are very easy to follow:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. While it is heating, melt the butter in a saucepan over the stove or in the microwave.
- As the butter cools, mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl. Once the butter is cool, slowly whisk in the 3 eggs into the butter in a new bowl.
- Stir together the wet and dry ingredients until they are well mixed.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the ingredients for the cinnamon sugar.
- Taking approximately 1″ balls of dough, roll into the cinnamon sugar mix and place on a non-stick, non-greased baking sheet, flattening them lightly.
- Place them in the over for approximately 7 minutes, then let cool for 5. And you’re done!
Happy May, everyone!