Let’s face facts, the bathroom is one of the most important (if not the most important) rooms in a house. It’s the first place most of us go in the morning to get ready, and it’s the last place most of us go at night to shower and brush teeth. Not to mention the in-between time. Over the last few months, I’ve begun to gain an appreciation for certain bathroom features.
- Rain Showerhead – this Kohler showerhead (via Trendir) has just the right amount of pressure and feels oh so refreshing.
- (Plenty of) dark cabinetry – a great place to store all those bathroom nik-knacks that seem to pile up (how many creams can one girl have?) Bonus – this is mahogany!
- Lots of natural light – like this bathroom found on ChicTip.
- Heated floors – these flooring ideas from HGTV are all pretty stunning. My favourite is the marble one. What makes a bathroom great, though, are those added touches – heated floors for those cold winter nights make a warm shower that much better.
- Freestanding tub – I saw this tub at the Interior Design Show last year, and naturally fell in love. What I like about freestanding tubs is that they literally stand on their own (decouple from the wall!) and that they fit in with both modern and traditional (clawfoot tubs, for example) design.
You may think these bathroom features are too much; unnecessary; even hedonistic commode desires. But I assure you, they are well worth the investment. So while I’m starting to mentally (and actually) prepare to sell my current condo and begin the next stage in life, these glorious bathroom upgrades are top of mind. One day…